Your wedding is soon! And you are super excited! But also stressing about details and worrying about forgetting something.
I put together this prep checklist to help couples with just that. Because proper prepping = less stress, and more time enjoying your engagement!
1-2 WEEKS OUT
- Drink your water! Hydration is key to a good mindset and glowing skin.
- If you are an AC client, make sure you submit my Wedding Detail Questionnaire, which is emailed to you 1 month out from your wedding date.
- Create a list of all groupings (this is included in the Wedding Detail Questionnaire) for formal portraits. I highly suggest designating a family member in advance to help organize & call out folks needed for photos, which helps it go quicker!
- If you haven't already done so, I suggest scheduling a quick meeting with me to review your wedding photography timeline and any last details. My availability is limited, so reach out to schedule as soon as possible!
- Consider purchasing a nice ring box and/or hanger to display your rings and dress for photos.
- Pack all "details" to be photographed in a box to give me (or have a delegate give me) when we meet on your wedding day. This way, I can capture and give them back to you before they are needed. Details include (but are not limited to):
- Your Save The Dates, wedding invitation suite, and other stationery.
- Your shoes, wiped down (if worn) and ready to be photographed.
- Perfume, earrings, cuff links, and other accessories.
- Lace/dress/veil fragments, including family heirloom pieces.
- Your wedding floral/greenery for styling, to be added the day of your wedding to ensure it is fresh. Ask your florist in advance to set aside a few extra blooms for this. They can usually throw in some to deliver with your bouquet the morning of!
- Email your final wedding timeline to me, if you have not already done so!
WEDDING DAY MORNING
- Before I arrive, be sure to clear the room of wrappers, coffee cups, trash, and anything else you don't want to be captured in photos. Consider hiding or tucking away suitcases, makeup bags, and other similar items.
- Have the box of details for me to capture ready to go. I'll ask for it upon arrival!
- Have your dress/veil hung up and steamed as soon as possible. They will be among the first things captured.
- Make sure you have my cell phone number (from my email signature/your booking paperwork) in your phone should you need to reach me. Make sure to give my phone number to a trusted friend/family member (usually the person listed as your contact in the Wedding Detail Questionnaire) so they have it, as well!
- RELAX and enjoy your wedding morning! I can't wait to celebrate with you!