Your wedding is soon! And you are super excited! But also stressing about details and worrying about forgetting something.
I put together this prep checklist to help couples with just that. Because proper prepping = less stress, and more time enjoying your engagement!
2-3 WEEKS OUT
- Drink your water! Get your sleep! Both are key to a good mindset and happy skin. :)
- If you are an AC client, make sure you submit my Wedding Detail Questionnaire, which is emailed to you 1 month out from your wedding date.
- Create a list of all groupings for formal portraits, as included in the Wedding Detail Questionnaire. I highly suggest designating a friend or family member to help organize & call out folks needed for photos on the big day to help portrait time run more efficiently.
- Schedule your final Timeline Meeting (held 1-2 weeks out from your wedding) with me, if we haven't already done so. We'll go over your wedding day timeline and important details to ensure we're good to go and on the same page.
- Consider purchasing a personalized ring box and/or hanger to display your rings and garments for photos. No worries if you skip this step, though–I always come prepared with pretty ring boxes and hangers in my styling kit!
1 WEEK OUT
- Pack all details to be photographed in a box to give me (or have a delegate give me) when we meet on your wedding day. This way, I can capture and give them back to you before they are needed. Details include (but are not limited to):
- Your Save The Dates, wedding invitation suite, and other stationery.
- Your shoes, wiped down (if worn) and ready to be photographed.
- Perfume, earrings, cuff links, and other accessories.
- Any family heirloom pieces, including lace/dress/veil fragments.
- Your wedding floral/greenery for styling, to be added the day of your wedding to ensure it is fresh. Ask your florist in advance to set aside a few extra blooms for this. They can usually throw in some to deliver with your bouquet the morning of!
- Please send me a finalized version of your wedding timeline and let me know if there have been any important updates I should be aware of.
WEDDING DAY MORNING
- Before I arrive, be sure to clear the room of wrappers, coffee cups, trash, and anything else you don't want to be captured in photos. Consider hiding or tucking away suitcases, makeup bags, and other similar items.
- Have the box of details for me to capture ready to go. I'll ask for it upon arrival!
- Have your important garments/dress/veil hung up and steamed as soon as possible. They will be among the first things captured.
- Make sure you have my cell phone number (available in my email signature & at the top of all contracts) in your phone should you need to reach me. Make sure to give my phone number to a trusted friend/family member (usually the person listed as your contact in the Wedding Detail Questionnaire) so they have it, as well!
- RELAX and enjoy your wedding morning! I can't wait to celebrate with you!